News for Neighbors

If you live in the Northeast Neighborhood, you are encouraged to visit the York City website, which contains lots of valuable information.


• Need to dispose of furniture or appliances? Call 717-843-1240 or visit the City's trash website .

• Need a building permit for working on your home? Apply for a permit online or call 717-849-2256

• Need to anonymously contact the police? Text 847411 or call 717-849-2204.

• Need to report potholes and graffiti?  Call the Highway Department at 717-849-2228.


• Want to report concerns about a vacant building, abandoned car, or litter? Call Permits, Planning and Zoning at 717-849-2256.

• Want to report a stray animal? Call the Animal Enforcement Officer at 717-854-2726.

• Want to get your kids involved? Learn about York's youth programs or call 717-849-1587.

All this and more is available at York City's website.  For a quick list of contact numbers, click here.

Need to know where to find help with other needs? Call 211 or visit this site.

Want to know more about NENA events? View our calendar.


As a participant in the federal Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP), the Northeast Neighborhood Association must adhere to USDA anti-discrimination policies. The policy and complaint forms are available here.